Hi everybody in LIS 757
My name is Jane McGann and I am currently working at the National Research Council in Ottawa as a co-op position for the summer. I have completed 2 terms of the MLIS at Western and enjoying some work experience at CISTI (Canadian Institute for Scientific and Technical Information).
My experience with social software is limited. I do have a Facebook which I set up about a month ago and I am amalgamating various groups and enjoying keeping up with my kids who post all sorts of interesting stuff and photos etc.
I have also set up this blog. I am completely new to the world of blogs and RSS feeds and RSS aggregator and know nothing about the latter.
So all of this will be a learning experience for me and I look forward to understanding how this social software can be of use to libraries and the library community.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Hi Jane!
You can find my blog at christy1975.livejournal.com. I look forward to seeing you soon!
Christy
Hey Jane!
Great blog, can't wait to read more! I can't wait to see Jill's too!
You can read mine at: http://monika757.blogspot.com
Hi Jane,
My blog, I hope, is at
http://pursueyourcream757.blogspot.com
I have tried looking at it myself, but found all my formatting gone, so let me know what it looks like to you. Yours looks great. Talk to you soon! Jill
oops--pursueyourdream (not cream)
Jill
Hi Jane - welcome to 757. You won't be "completely new" to social tools for very much longer!
Hi Jane
Glad to hear you're being kept busy at your co-op. Ditto for all of us on campus. Miss you at this end.
Gerry
Jane, how do you tag things on del.icio.us? I cannot get mine to work!
Hi Jane!
Great blog! I look forward to blogging and working with you this semester. Hope you are enjoying your coop. Hopefully you can also teach me something about facebook - that's my next challenge!
Post a Comment